Are your blog’s content suffering from low ranking in search engine result pages?
Don’t worry! Do on-page SEO and enjoy.
This article is a complete guide to on-page SEO techniques in 2022.
In this guide, you’ll learn:
- How to drive more organic traffic
- How to increase ranking on search engines
- How to increase CTR
- Lots more
Table of Contents
What is On-Page SEO?
On-page SEO (also known as “on-site SEO”) is a search engine optimizing technique that includes everything you need to do to improve your website’s ranking positions and gain lots of organic traffic.
While optimizing a website or a blog post for search engines, there are two main parts at play:
- On-page optimization
- Off-page optimization
Off-page SEO (also called “off-site SEO”) deals with all the optimization you can do outside your website or blogs—for example, link building, outreach, and content marketing.
Why is On-page SEO Important?
In 2021, On-page search engine optimization is a crucial part of any productive blog exposure strategy.
- On-page SEO helps search engine crawlers/bots to analyze your website and content. Search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo continually update their search algorithm to make search results more accurate to search intent.
- On-page SEO provides better return-on-investment (ROI) than any other digital marketing strategy.
- On-page SEO improves the UX of your Website like structure, navigation, speed. It makes your website’s content more friendly for your audience.
- To rank your content in 2022, you should optimize your content for:
- User experience
- Search Intent
Best On-Page SEO Techniques for 2022
Today I’m sharing the most effective On-page SEO techniques that will work with Google’s latest algorithms in 2021.
Here’s the ultimate guide to push the content top of search engine result pages :
1. SEO-Friendly URLs
SEO-friendly URLs created to understand the content type you will serve to the readers.
Best practices for URL optimization
- Use Keywords
You should include the focus keyword at the start of your URLs. When you add a keyword in your URLs, it tells the search engines about the topic of content.
- Keep Short
Your URLs should be short, sweet and avoid using special characters (brackets, commas, plus, colon, semicolon, question mark, underscore, Tilde, etc.)
Bad URL Example
Good URL Example
2. Writing SEO Optimized Titles is Most Important
When you do On-page SEO, adding an SEO-optimized title is the first task.
Titles are significant for two reasons:
- Users see post title on the search engine result page before visiting your website, and a good title encourages the user to land on your website.
- Titles are helpful for search engine crawlers to understand what the page is all about.
Best practices for title optimization
- Use a unique title for every page of your website.
- Include targeted keywords towards the beginning of your title.
- Each heading should be relevant to the page’s content, and it should not exceed 65 to 70 characters.
3. Good Heading Tag Structure
Using a heading tag correctly helps users and search engines to understand the structure of your content.
As per the Search Engine Journal, in 2022, heading tags is not a critically important SEO factor. Still, it can indirectly influence your rankings by making your content more straightforward for the search engines.
Best practices for using heading tags
- Use page title as H1 heading tag, and it should consist of rich-keywords. If you’re using WordPress CMS, most of the SEO-optimized themes use the H1 tag for heading. Always use one H1 heading tag on your whole page.
- Use H2 heading tags for chapters or topics you’re going to discuss in your page content.
- Use H3 to H6 heading tag to describe the subchapter of your content.
4. Use of Primary Keywords in the first and last 100 words
Keyword placement is a crucial on-page SEO factor as it increases the weightage of your content.
Best practice for using keyword in the content
It would be best if you include the targeted keyword in your first and last 100 words.
5. Make Sure Your Content Satisfies Search Intent
Search Intent is the required solution by a user when searching any query into a search engine.
For example, let’s say you’re looking for an in-depth guide on starting a blogging journey.
So you head to Google and search for “How to start a blog”.
You clicked on the first result.
But after reading 100-200 words, you quickly realized that the content is more transactional or commercial than informational.
So you quickly press the back button to find something else.
And this time, you strike diamond quality.
This result is beneficial for starting your blogging journey. So this article is satisfying your search intent.
6. Your website should be Mobile Friendly
Google rewarding responsive and mobile-friendly websites with a higher ranking.
You can check the mobile-friendliness of your webpage from the Google Page Speed tool.
7. Pass SEO Juice by Doing Internal Linking
Rank most of the content of your website by connecting different pages with internal links.
What is internal linking?
An internal link is any link by which you mention relevant posts and pages in your content.
Internal linking build relationships between different content of your website.
Best practices for internal linking
- Use targeted keywords in the anchor text. Google also recommends that you use keywords in your anchor text.
- Always link your important and relevant web pages as while interlinking, you share link authority to that page. It’s a brilliant SEO strategic, followed by all content marketers.
- Never use the same anchor text to interlink two different web pages because it confuses search engines.
- You can audit all internal links used in your site in Google Search Console.
8. Use Authentic Images
Image rank faster than content!
Yes. You read it right.
Creative use of the original and authentic image will boost your site ranking on the search result pages.
Best practices for image optimization
- Use visual content relevant to the topic of the page.
- Don’t use copied images on your content. Create informative and high-quality visual contents.
9. Optimize Image Names & Alternate Tag for better On-Page SEO
Image SEO can help your web page to rank easily on the search engine result page.
Best practices for image SEO
- Add rich-keyword in the image file name. For example, if you’re uploading an infographic on off-page seo in the content, use the file name as off-page-seo-infographics.
- Add an alternative tag in all of your images. It tells the search engine about the context of the picture.
10. Move to HTTPS (Secured Site) Version
Websites that have an SSL certificate installed are called HTTPS enabled versions of the site.
For example, you can access these websites using https://www.domain-name.com instead of the non-secure way of http://www.domain-name.com.
Best practices for HTTPS version
- Most website hosting providers give free SSL certificates. If the SSL certificate is not available in your plan, you can use Cloudflare for free of cost SSL certificate.
- If you’re using WordPress CMS, change your default URL to the HTTPS version.
- Add 301 Redirects to Redirect HTTP requests to HTTPS. You can redirect to the HTTPS version by modifying the .htaccess file.
- After successfully changing to the HTTPS version, audit your website in any link-broken checker tool to check and ensure that you don’t have any broken links.
11. WWW Version vs Non-WWW Version
You can choose anyone between the WWW version and the Non-WWW version as no SEO benefits of choosing one over another.
Best practices for WWW vs Non-WWW version
- Make decisions about preferred versions from the starting day of the website. It would be best if you didn’t confuse search engines with different versions.
- Update your preferred version in the WordPress URL setting.
12. Website Loading Speed is Important
Search engines love fast web pages.
Website loading speed is the most crucial on-page SEO factor.
You can use Pingdom or Google Developers page speed insights tools to check your website’s loading speed in mobile and desktop mode.
Best practices for website speed optimization
- Use any content delivery network.
- Host your website in a fast hosting provider to ensure better optimization.
- Compress heavy graphics file before uploading on your webpages.
13. Engaging Meta Description to Boost Organic Traffic
In the 2021 era, the meta description is no more a crucial on-page seo factor, as sometimes search engines pick meta descriptions independently.
Still, I’m advising you to write a good meta description copy that can help you to maintain a high organic click-through ratio in search engine result pages.
14. Outbound Link To Trusted Domains to Improve Your Domain Authority
Outbound links are the secret strategy of many SEOs, which can help to supercharge organic rankings and visibility in search engine result pages.
Best practices for outbound links
- Outbound links build the trust of readers in your content. While referring to some data or news, always mention data origins by giving a link.
- Avoid linking to unnecessary or spam webpages.
- Make use of no-follow, sponsored tags if needed.
15. Use FAQ Schema
It’s the easiest on-page SEO factor that increases your content authority.
Even if you have zero links pointing to your site, this strategy can help.
A Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) schema contains a list of questions and answers around your content topic.
Best practices for FAQ schema
- If you’re using wordpress CMS, then you can insert the FAQ schema by Rankmath or Yoast seo plugin.
- It would be best if you read a detailed guide on adding structured data published by Google.
- You can test your implemented schema on Google structured data testing tool.
Browse more Blogging Tutorials:
If you’ve just started your blogging journey, it’s the best time to strike gold. By following the on-page SEO guide discussed above, your chances of becoming a search engine’s favourite increase.
Have you invented any other quick SEO strategy? Do share your thoughts in the comments.